Registering With The Tax Authorities
As a business person, you will quickly discover that you have extensive tax and informational filing requirements with a number of different governmental agencies. Substantial penalties are routinely assessed if the required forms and returns are not properly prepared and filed on a timely basis.
Some of the agencies you may need to contact are:
- Internal Revenue Service to obtain an EIN (Form SS-4)
- Secretary of State-State of Washington (entity formation)
- Master Business Application (Register business in WA state)
- Department of Revenue
- Employment Security
- Department of Labor & Industries
- Business licenses for each city you operate in
- Specialty licenses depending on your industry
Insight Accounting Solutions can assist in determining what agencies are applicable and assist with the applications. We’re here to interpret the lingo and prevent oversights.