Business Succession Planning
In the life-cycle of a business, there comes a time when the owner who founded the business wants to retire. Whether the potential new owner is a family member, an employee of the business or an outsider – it is a good idea to get feedback from someone who isn’t involved in the transaction. To that end, we offer business succession planning services.
Insight Business Succession Planning Solutions:
- Planning with owner as to timing and structure of a future sale
- Researching industry-specific multipliers & typical transfer terms
- Business valuations based on industry standards
- Formation and evaluation of alternate deal structures
- Researching and evaluation of financing alternatives
- Calculation of tax effects to the business and the owner(s)
- Reporting of completed transaction to tax authorities
- Working with new owner & their key advisors for a smooth transition
As with any planning opportunity, the sooner you start – the more control you have over the outcome. We like working with owners years before they plan to sell a business so they can realize the most from the transaction.